12 Things to Toss Right Now (With Very Little Thought)
- Expired medicine or food.
- Anything from a fast food restaurant – kid’s meal toys, condiment packets, plastic utensils and napkins.
- Clothes that don’t fit now and by the time they do they will be so out of style you would never wear them again. (Donate to charity if they are in good shape and are in style.)
- Newspapers, magazines, junk mail, catalogs, and recipes you cut out but never made. (Recycle)
- Broken anything (toys, zippers on clothes, furniture) if you have not fixed it then it is probably not important to you anyway.
- Old cell phones, charges, headphones, cords, cables and any other electronic parts to something that you no longer own. (Some could be recycled)
- Computer Software cardboard boxes – keep the software but ditch the box. Also this would be a good time to check out the software that is living on your computer. Remove games and software that you no longer use. It’s not visible clutter but it is taking up valuable system resources.
- Things you can’t identify.
- Old luggage and tote bags that you never use anymore or you got it at a conference. (Donate to charity if in good condition.)
- Stuff in the garage like old paint cans, old and broken sporting equipment, lawn and garden stuff that you can’t remember why you bought it. (Check with local trash service to see how to dispose of old paint and pesticides.)
- Make up over a year old or if it is separated smells funny or looks clumpy.
- Linens that are torn, thinning, pillow over 5 years old, blankets that you just don’t like. (Some could be donated or turned into rags – but how many rags do you really need?)
Got questions? Contact Ruthann by clicking here